Friday, July 08, 2005

I Will Wear Lilies

I have decided that I shall never be without lilies, and in turn, they shall never be without my appreciation.

A very special and wonderful person once wrote a poem about me... and lilies. I love it. It was a caustic, chilling and bitter poem, written after some heated interaction (surely of my own fault). Because it was so beautifully ugly about yours truly, he won't give me a copy of the original--he's a good man and doesn't want my memories to consist of something so negative. So I'll just have to recall what I can.

It was called, "You Will Never Wear Lilies," and the last lines went something like this:

You may someday wear roses,
But you would have looked so nice in lilies.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch. That is harsh. Its too bad you don't have the original because I'd like to read it.

7/10/2005 6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home